- Three spoons are required for eating baby food. One for each of Nicky’s hands and another for mommy/daddy to supplement.
- Forks are preferred over any other utensil (including fingers). Anything can be eaten with a fork: applesauce, peas, you name it. It just takes a bit more perseverance.
- Once an item is on a fork or spoon does not mean that it has to stay there. It can be transferred to the mouth by hand if needed.
- Mom and dad are NOT allowed to put fork food into Nick’s mouth. He will do it himself, thank you.
- Bigger is better. Carrot spears are infinitely more preferable than cut up carrots. Same goes for cheese sticks and any other number of foods.
- When eating something delicious, always say “yum” after every bite.
- And don’t forget, if you don’t like it, it belongs on the floor. As far away from the high chair as possible.