Nicky had a remarkable first this week – he came with me on a 24 hour business trip to Oregon. He got to see uncle Andrew and uncle Coleman for a little bit and spent the day playing with grandma while I went to meetings (poor grandpa was stuck in jury duty). He and I both loved seeing everyone but we’re also both exhausted from our excursion.
We learned a few important lessons:
- Nick does not like room 1002 at the Westin in Portland. Every time he passed through the door he started whining.
- Nick does like playing in the water fountain/wading pool they have in downtown Portland. It was so cute watching him try to catch the water that was shooting out of the fountain.
- Nick is much harder to fly with now that he’s mobile. He’s not content to sit still in your lap and play with the fun toys you brought – he wants to move!
- Nick can be a very good boy when he stays up late. We went out to dinner with the uncles and grandma on Wednesday night and were out a bit later than normal. Nick was busy charming the whole restaurant and wiggling his little head like mad to make sure all the attention was on him despite having visibly sleepy eyes. What a trooper!
- Nick can be a disaster when he stays up late. On the plane ride home on Thursday night (second night of staying up late), Nick was an exhausted, screaming, puddle of tears and refused to sleep at all on the plane. Yes, I was that mom and he was that baby…yikes. The poor guy next to us just found out that his wife is 6 weeks pregnant but I think after traveling next to us he is probably having second thoughts.
I think Nick and I will be paying the price for the next few days until we get some good recovery sleep under our belts. We should be back on track just in time for our next flight to North Carolina! At least daddy will be with us on that flight!
One thought on “Jet Setting Baby”
I have seen these photos many times and I love all the different technologies that went into them because seeing them is almost not quite like seeing y”all in person…love ggmadot